Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is having a new camera UI and some improvements too. It is also having a new boot animation and few other minor tweaks and features. If you would like to have the Google Play edition Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One then you can follow the instructions given below.
The stock ROM for the Google Play edition of Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One is already leaked. If you are having any of these devices and you would like to enjoy the Google edition of your device without buying a new one then, you can flash your Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One with the stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS.
SamMobile tested the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS on the Snapdragon Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 model having the custom recovery. For HTC One, we need a rooted GSM device with custom recovery and unlocked bootloader. Not to mention, you need the latest drivers for your device as well.
But keep in mind that it will void the warranty of your device and all data will be deleted. Also if you are not familiar with flashing the custom ROMs to Android smartphone then, you better not try it. In case of any accident and damage to your device, Geeky Stuffs will not be responsible. If you still would like to go for it then, follow the steps given below.
HOW TO : Install Google Edition Stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S4
1. First of all, have the full backup of your phone data as the flashing process will delete all the data, apps, games of the phone.
2. After taking the backup, download the Google Play Edition ROM of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS from the link given below.
Download the Google Edition Stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S4
3. Copy the ROM to your phone’s internal SD Card.
4. Now start the phone in the Recovery mode by pressing and holding the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons simultaneously.
5. Perform a Factory Reset or Wipe Data on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
6. Now, flash The Google Play Edition ROM on your device before rebooting it. Restart the device and you will have the Google Edition Stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
HOW TO : Install Google Edition Stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on HTC One
1. Have the backup of your entire data first. After that download the Google Play edition ROM from the link given below.
Download the Google Edition Stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for HTC One
2. Copy and paste it to the SD card of your HTC One.
3. Now, boot your HTC One into Recovery mode by pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons together.
4. Perform a Factory Reset or Wipe Data.
5. Go to Install ZIP From SD Card and then select the Choose ZIP From SD Card. Now just flash the Google Play edition ROM .
6. When the flashing is complete, restart your HTC One device and you will have the newly installed Google Play edition ROM on HTC One.