As consumers’ storage needs are ever growing, OWC has just launched their long-awaited Aura SSD, which for the first time ever, allows for mid-2013 and later MacBook Pro with Retina display and MacBook Air owners to upgrade their stock storage with up to 8x the capacity of the factory SSD.
Previously, Apple users have faced the challenge of a proprietary interface making homegrown upgrades a difficult endeavor. With the Aura SSD upgrade kits, consumers now can upgrade seamlessly by removing a few screws with a set of included tools and free installation videos.
Aura SSD upgrade kits are available in 480GB and 1TB capacities and they are the first and only PCIe-based flash storage upgrades available for MacBook Air (Mid 2013 and newer) and MacBook Pro with Retina display (Late 2013 and newer) models.
Some of the highlighted features of OWC Digital® Aura SSD are given below.
OWC Digital® Aura SSD : Main Features and Specs
- The first and only PCIe-based flash storage upgrades for mid 2013 and later MacBook Pro with Retina display and MacBook Air
- Free install videos and award-winning support make it easy for users to do the upgrade themselves
- Up to 8x the capacity of the Apple factory SSD
- Tier 1 flash with 7% over-provisioning
- Three Year OWC SSD Limited Warranty
- Upgrade kits include all tools and an OWC Envoy Pro drive enclosure to repurpose the factory-installed flash drive
- 480GB and 1.0TB capacity options
OWC Aura SSD for Mid 2013 and Later MacBook Pro with Retina display and MacBook Air is available now for order with introductory pricing and is expected to begin shipping in late March.
The pricing of both models of OWC Digital® Aura SSD is given below.