It was unofficially official that Microsoft will provide the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade on 17tth March, 2016 and the wait is over for the Windows Phone and Lumia smartphone users. Microsoft has officially started providing the Windows 10 Mobile update to the set of Lumia devices and Windows Phone devices from some other brands.
Phones and devices that can upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile are Lumia 1520, 930, 640, 640XL, 730, 735, 830, 532, 535, 540, 635 1GB, 636 1GB, 638 1GB, 430, 435, BLU Win HD w510u, BLU Win HD LTE x150q and MCJ Madosma Q501.
As expected, few of the popular but low-end devices like Lumia 1020, 920, 820, 720, 620, 520 won't be upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile as these devices are not eligible for Windows 10 Mobile OS considering their hardware specs.
Microsoft has also announced that there is no second wave rollout for the Windows 10 Mobile OS upgrade. So those devices that are not getting the Windows 10 Mobile update this time, will not be able to get it at all.
If you are having any of the above eligible device for the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade then follow the instructions given below on how to update your Windows Phone device to Windows 10 Mobile.
HOW TO : Upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile
1. Download the official Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor app from the below link.
Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor App
2. Open the app and tap on the Next button.
3. If the Windows 10 Mobile update is available for your Windows Phone device then you will get the confirmation on the screen. Just tap on “Done” button.
Few devices might get an option as shown in the below image. Just mark the “Enable Windows 10 Upgrade” option and then tap on the Next button.
4. Now go to the Settings on your Windows Phone device.
5. Tap on the Phone Update option to enter it.
6. Now, download and install the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade on your Windows Phone device.