Panasonic has released firmware update programs for the RZ-S500W and RZ-S300W, two recently-launched wireless headphones, along with an application to improve their functions and usability.
The firmware upgrade makes the earbuds more convenient to use and improves quality of voice transmission performance during calls. The device now reproduces more natural and quality sound thanks to the upgrades within the ambient sound mode.
The algorithms that used to capture surrounding sonic elements have been redesigned so the earbuds can capture a wider range of frequencies than before. The improvement not only enhanced the ambient sound experience, but also makes the earbuds capable of recreating a more natural mix of music and surrounding sounds.
While noise reduction shows significant improvement, an added functionality now wakes up the headphones from "auto power off" mode. The new feature-loaded touchscreen allows users to smoothly perform general operations such as playback/stop, back a track, forward a track, volume reduce and volume increase.
Main features of the upgrade are as below -
1. Added touch sensor customization option
● With this update, users will now be able to customize the controls for the left and right touch sensors.
● The list of touch sensors includes general operations playback/stop, back a track, forward a track, volume reduce, noise cancelling* and volume increase.
Setup: Users can open the setting screen display by tapping the setting button and touch ‘Customizing the touch sensor’ option. Choose from the available control options for proper setup.
*Noise Cancelling function is only available for the RZ-S500W.
2. Improved voice transmission quality during phone calls
● Customers can enjoy the improved voice transmission performance during phone calls
● The new update enables allows users to switch the ambient sound control mode, carry out noise cancelling, select ambient mode and turn off ambient sound control, and start voice assistant
3. Added explanation of how to wake up the headphones from the “auto power off” mode
Users can now see how to wake up the headphones from the "auto power off" setting through the application.
● About the "auto power off" setting - If no sound comes through the headphones for a specified amount of time, the headphones are automatically turned off. Users can choose from "Always on," "5 minutes," "10 minutes," "30 minutes," and "60 minutes."
How to wake up the headphones from the “auto power off” mode
Hold down both the left and right touch sensors until the LED light turns on (approx. 2 seconds). If the headphones do not turn on, user needs to ensure that they are fully charged.