It was officially announced by Xiaomi that they will be launching their Mi Max phablet on 10th May, 2016. After the announcement, they also released few teasers of the product and some leaked information along with images came out too.
And now, finally Xiaomi Mi Max is launched officially. There are multiple variants of Xiaomi Mi Max will be available depending on the processor, amount of RAM and internal storage. Few of the highlighted features of Xiaomi Mi Max are 6.44-inch 1080p full HD screen, 2.5D curved glass display, hexa-core Snapdragon 650 or octa-core Snapdragon 652 chipset.
Xiaomi Mi Max runs on newly launched MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. On the imaging side, it comes with 16 MP primary camera with dual tone dual LED flash and Phase Detection Auto-Focus. On the front side, there is a 5 MP camera.
Xiaomi Mi Max comes with full metal body, a fingerprint scanner on the back, 7.5mm thickness and a huge 4850 mAh battery. The complete list of all hardware specs and features of Xiaomi Mi Max are given below.
Xiaomi Mi Max : Full Hardware Specs and Features
- 4G LTE Capability
- Hybrid Dual SIM, Uses SIM 2 Slot as microSD Card Slot
- 6.44-inch IPS LCD screen with 1080 x 1920 Pixels Resolution and 342 PPI
- Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 Processor ( Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & Dual-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A72 ) or Qualcomm MSM8976 Snapdragon 652 Pocessor (Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A72 )
- Adreno 510 GPU
- 32/64/128 GB Internal Memory
- 3 GB of RAM for 32 GB and 64 GB Internal Memory Versions
- 4 GB of RAM for 128 GB Internal Memory Version
- microSD Card Support up to 200 GB
- 16 MP Primary Camera with Phase Detection Autofocus, Dual Tone Dual-LED Flash HDR
- 1080p Full HD and 720p@120fps Video Recording
- 5 MP Front-facing Camera
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- MIUI 8
- 4.850 mAh Non-removable Lithium-ion Battery
- Quick Charge 3.0 Fast Battery Charging , 83% in 30 minutes
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Hotspot, WiFi Direct, DLNA
- Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE
- A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB 2.0
- Magnetic Compass, , Gyro, Fingerprint Scanner, Accelerometer and Proximity Sensors
- 173.1 x 88.3 x 7.5 mm Dimensions
- 203 g
Xiaomi Mi Max will be available in Gold, Silver and Light Grey colors. The price of Xiaomi Mi Max for different versions are given below.
- 3GB RAM with 32GB Storage and Snapdragon 650 SoC - US$ 230
- 3GB RAM with 64GB Storage and Snapdragon 652 SoC - US$ 260
- 4GB RAM with 128GB Storage and Snapdragon 652 SoC - US$ 306
Xiaomi Mi Max will be available in China for pre-order from today itself and will go on sale from 17th May. There is no word yet regarding the availability in rest of the world.